Spiralized Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Kale Enchilada Bowls
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the canned chipotle
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized using the 3mm blade and cut into 1-inch segments
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija cheese, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, or to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir tomato sauce, vegetable broth, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, cumin, and garlic powder together in a small pot; bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook and stir the sauce until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir kale in hot oil until it begins to soften, about 1 minute; add the sweet potatoes and cook, tossing regularly, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir sauce mixture and black beans with the kale and sweet potatoes; toss to mix and cook until the beans are heated through, about 1 minute.
- Divide sweet potato mixture between four bowls; garnish with Cotija cheese and cilantro.
What others are saying
Santana Williams says:
I made these for some gf friends and we all loved it. It was really easy to throw together at the last minute too. My only complaint is that I had to dirty two pots. If I could find a way to make this in a single pot I would make it more often.
Dominique M says:
This sauce is perfect! I used two chipotle peppers because I like my food extra spicy. I think I'm obsessed with spiralized sweet potatoes now.
Greg Jones says:
Surprisingly delicious spiralized vegetarian enchilada bowls. The sauce blew me away. Definitely going to be my go to recipe for traditional enchiladas as well. This is one of my favorite recipes for Meatless Mondays.
Sam Dalton says:
Sweet potato noodles are my favorite because they are so versatile. This recipe was easy and delicious. Very good sauce. Perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner.
Katie Hason says:
I made this recipe and it was surprisingly delicious. The homemade sauce was amazing, I really loved the use of the chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. It wasn't too spicy but definitely had a kick to it. The kale was also a plus!