Taco-Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
- 1½ pounds baby bell peppers, red, yellow and orange
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, or as needed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sour cream, or to taste
- ½ cup guacamole, or to taste
- ½ cup salsa, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Drizzle in 1-2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Cook turkey in oil, breaking the meat into small pieces with a spoon as it cooks, until completely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the skillet. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper over the turkey and stir; continue cooking until the water is largely evaporated, about 5 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and let turkey cool slightly.
- Mix turkey, cheese, and green onions together in a bowl.
- Cut tops from peppers; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Stuff turkey mixture into the peppers; arrange into muffin cups with filled ends facing up.
- Bake in preheated oven until the peppers begin to soften and the cheese melts, 20 to 25 minutes; let cool slightly before serving with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
Use ground turkey, beef, or chicken!
What others are saying
Julie Carew says:
Took this to a Cinco de Mayo party and it was a huge hit! Super easy and super yummy! Thanks Mealthy!
Stephanie D says:
These are great as an appetizer or finger foods at a casual party. The hardest part was stuffing the mini peppers with the meat. What worked for me was using a baby spoon so that I didn't make a mess spilling the ground turkey mixture everywhere.
Sam Dalton says:
Really delicious baby bell peppers and the ground turkey taco meat was really flavorful. This is a nice switch from the traditional stuffed peppers we normally make.
Nick Myott says:
Such an easy dish, full of great flavors. Great for finger food at a party. Big crowd pleaser.
Jessica Scott says:
Super delicious! Baby bell peppers are always very flavorful, and combined with ground turkey and seasoning, it made for the best game day party food. I used extra cheese and guac! So good! I'm definitely going to make these again.
Caro Hodgin says:
such a fun little app! the kids loved it!