Seared Cauliflower Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2 pound) head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans, warmed
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 small avocados, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook cauliflower and garlic in oil until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes; add onion and cook until onions caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Season cauliflower mixture with paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt; add lime juice and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes more.
- Spread refried beans onto each tortilla; top with cabbage, cilantro, and avocado. Divide the cauliflower mixture among tortillas to serve.
While the cabbage brings a nice texture to these tacos, romaine lettuce also works well in this recipe. This recipe is a vegan twist on Taco Tuesday!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Delicious tacos for meatless Mondays or Taco Tuesdays! I also haven't had refried beans in forever, but they made a comeback with these tacos. This is definitely a new favorite!
Sam Dalton says:
I don't eat many vegan meals but this is one that I love. The paprika and cayenne seasonings tasted great on the cauliflower. These are perfect for Taco night. I can't wait to make them again. Delicious!
Geoff Villeneuve says:
Ok! What a quick meal, can't believe it's only 1 pan!
Kecia Jerome says:
This was really good, I put a lid on the cauliflower for a few minutes to soften it a bit more, but the flavor was really good! I am on of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soap so I left that out. I also used homemade refried beans instead of canned. I will be making this again.
Rachel Douglas says:
Just when I thought I was over cauliflower, I try this recipe and it changes my life! Instead of cayenne pepper I used a Cajun spice seasoning mixture and it was so delicious. The cabbage was perfect, and I added guacamole (the taqueria guacamole recipe on this website). Perfect for Taco Tuesday.
Sheila Long says:
Made this recipe with black refried beans. Super yummy! Perfect for meatless Monday or taco Tuesday!
Pam Delgado says:
Made this tonight! !I roasted the cauliflower on 425 for 30 minutes Approx. 5lbs (2 heads) seasoned as suggested. It was sooo good!! Made the tacos with a bit of beans, cauliflower, avocado, squeeze of lime and dash of salt . Fed my family of 5 young and old alike and had plenty leftover for my husbands and fathers lunch tomorrow!! Great recipe!! I will make this again 😊👌🏼