Meal Prep: Tropical Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- Pre-made Smoothie Bags:
- 5 bananas, halved
- 5 cups mango cubes
- 2½ cups pineapple cubes
- Bowl Assembly:
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 dragonfruit, flesh scooped into balls with a melon baller
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Spread bananas, mango, and pineapple onto two sheet trays; put in freezer until frozen solid, 3 to 4 hours.
- Divide the frozen fruit into five resealable plastic bags: 1 banana, 1 cup mango, and ½ cup pineapple per bag. Store bags in freezer until using.
- Blend the contents of a smoothie bag with almond milk in a high-speed blender with almond milk until smooth. You may need to use a tamper to push the ingredients into the blender as it will be difficult to blend since it will be very thick; pour into a wide, shallow bowl.
- Top the smoothie mixture of your choice of dragonfruit, kiwi, granola, and coconut flakes; garnish with almonds and chia seeds to serve.
Freezing the cut fruit on baking sheets helps keep them from sticking together in the bag, making it easier for quick blending.
What others are saying
Erica Schaefer says:
I have a small blender that's not considered high speed, so freezing the fruit on sheet pans beforehand saved me from those agonizing mornings of trying to chop up stuck together frozen fruit. Thank you for this tip! My smoothie turned out great.
Laura Griffin says:
I've tried this recipe and it's so delicious! It's also the perfect consistency, I love how thick it is. I pre-made 5 bags and just grab and go, so convenient.
Sam Dalton says:
I love making these pre-made smoothie bags. They are perfect for my meal prep week. I especially love the roasted almonds and toasted coconut flakes on top. By far this is one of the easiest, best tasting fruit smoothie recipes I've had.
Sam Akinyele says:
Great for a guilt free dessert or for breakfast.
Steve Failows says:
Delicious Smoothie bowl! beautiful breakfast presentation that guests will love - I added berries to the mix for a punchier fruit sour & sweetness. The dragon fruit and kiwi are beautiful but more of a mild taste profile.