Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Quinoa Bowls
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 green onions, chopped and divided
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1⅓ cups water
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Mix tomatoes, half the green onions, garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt together in a bowl.
- Arrange chicken thighs in the bottom of the pressure cooker pot. Pour tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Gently lay steamer-rack insert onto chicken mixture
- Stir water, quinoa, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt together in a 1-quart stainless steel bowl that will fit into the cooker; place on rack in cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 20 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Remove quinoa bowl and rack.
- Shred chicken directly in the pot using a pair of forks and stir to coat in sauce.
- Divide quinoa, shredded chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and avocado between four bowls. Spoon extra chipotle-tomato sauce over quinoa. Garnish bowls with remaining green onions to serve.
Bowls are fun meals because they are so customizable. If you don't like the vegetables listed, feel free to use what you like or have in your kitchen. You can also add toppings such as grated cheese, or something to add texture, such as pumpkin seeds. Looking for more spicy/Cajun flavors? Try our top-rated pressure cooker paella!
For more Quinoa recipes, check these out:
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
Essy meal prep. Love making quinoa in my pressure cooker - perf every time.
Katie Hason says:
This bowl was so delicious! I now love this combination with quinoa, better than using rice. The cumin and chipotle chili powder is so flavorful. Such a great weeknight dinner.
Laura Griffin says:
Very good quinoa bowl! I've made this recipe twice already and used shrimp the second time. Simple and delicious, and can be prepped the night before (without chopping the avocado).
Alex Cabral says:
I love this recipe because I can make two separate dishes essentially, chicken and quinoa, in a single pressure cooker. I used chicken breast instead of thighs, pinto beans, and diced tomato tomatoes for topping. This is one of my favorite bowls, for sure.
Dominique M says:
Love these bowls, I make them for my meal prep at least once a month. I usually use chicken breast, but everyone in awhile use pork.