Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Quinoa Bowls
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 green onions, chopped and divided
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1⅓ cups water
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
For best results, we recommend using:
- Mix tomatoes, half the green onions, garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a bowl.
- Arrange chicken thighs in the bottom of the pressure cooker pot. Pour tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Gently lay steamer-rack insert onto chicken mixture
- Stir water, quinoa, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a 1-quart stainless steel bowl that will fit into the cooker; place on rack in cooker.
- Seal lid on pressure cooker and cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes. Relieve pressure through quick-release valve.
- Remove quinoa bowl and rack. Shred chicken directly in the pot using a pair of forks and stir to coat in sauce.
- Divide quinoa, shredded chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and avocado between four bowls. Spoon extra chipotle-tomato sauce over quinoa. Garnish bowls with remaining green onions to serve.
Bowls are fun meals because they are so customizable. If you don't like the vegetables listed, feel free to use what you like or have in your kitchen. You can also add toppings such as grated cheese or something to give some textures, such as pumpkin seeds.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
Very good quinoa bowl! I've made this recipe twice already and used shrimp the second time. Simple and delicious, and can be prepped the night before (without chopping the avocado).
Katie Hason says:
This bowl was so delicious! I now love this combination with quinoa, better than using rice. The cumin and chipotle chili powder is so flavorful. Such a great weeknight dinner.