Mashed Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Bake
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup granola
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread sweet potatoes into a 6-quart saucepan with enough water to cover; add salt. Loosely cover the pan with a lid and bring water to a boil.
- Remove lid, add cauliflower florets to the water, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook vegetables at a simmer until very tender, but not yet falling apart, about 15 minutes; drain and return vegetables to the pot.
- Mash vegetables until no large chunks remain; add butter and continue to mash until butter melts. Stir half-and-half and maple syrup with the mashed vegetables until smooth.
- Gently stir pecans, cranberries, and sage through the mashed vegetables; spread evenly into a 2-quart baking dish and top with granola.
- Bake in preheated oven until beginning to brown on top, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer mashed vegetables to a serving bowl and garnish with sage to serve.
This can be assembled the night before serving. Just bring the dish to room temperature and bake covered for 15 minutes before removing cover and continuing to bake as directed.
For more baked potato recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
In the process of my Thanksgiving prep, my wife and I decided to make this recipe. It was very creamy and surprisingly delicious. The maple syrup was a great touch. This will definitely be on this year's menu.
Jessica Scott says:
I really loved the cranberries, pecans, and granola in this dish. It reminds me of the sweet potatoes my grandmother used to make for the holidays! So sweet and yummy!