Zucchini Noodles with Chicken Sausage, Tomato, and Basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- 4 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized using the 3mm blade and trimmed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage in hot oil until heated through, about 5 minutes; remove sausage with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Fry garlic in oil remaining in skillet until fragrant, about 30 seconds; add tomatoes and stir while cooking for 1 minute.
- Toss zucchini with the tomato mixture and cook until softened, about 3 minutes; season with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat. Divide zucchini noodle mixture between four bowls; top with sausage, red pepper flakes, and grated Parmesan cheese.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
These zucchini noodles with chicken sausage was incredible. Such a simple, easy dish but with so much flavor. I've made this recipe a few times, and also with pork andouille sausage. So good and filling!
Sam Dalton says:
My wife made this dish for us the other night and it was really good. We are both trying to incorporate more vegetables in our diet, but I love meat, so for me this is the best of both worlds.
Jessica Scott says:
This is one of my favorite, quick weeknight dinners! Who knew sausage and zoodles went together so well? It's not only quick to make, but it tastes amazing. Cooking the zucchini noodles in the same oil from the skillet with the sausage was perfect because it soaks up all the flavor. Love it!
Greg Jones says:
This is probably one of my favorite zucchini noodle recipes. Instead of using chicken sausage I used Cajun beef andouille sausage. It was really good and I definitely plan to make it again.