Pressure Cooker Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker set to Sauté function. Cook and stir the onion and garlic in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes; add salt and continuing cooking until the onions begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable stock into the cooker; add diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, cashews, red wine vinegar, and black pepper.
- Seal the lid onto the cooker and cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- Relieve pressure using the quick-release valve.
- Blend the mixture in batches in a blender until smooth; ladle soup into bowls and garnish with basil to serve.
Be patient while caramelizing the onions. The more golden-brown they get, the more flavorful your soup will be. Do not rush through this!
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
Amazing soup and it's vegan! Using fire roasted tomatoes makes a huge difference and adds much better flavor. This is my new go to tomato soup recipe.
Jessica Scott says:
This fire roasted tomato soup was delicious. The cashews also gave this it a creamy consistency without actually using dairy. Very simple and easy to make.