Pressure Cooker Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Cook and stir the onion and garlic in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes; add salt and continuing cooking until the onions begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable stock into the cooker; add diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, cashews, red wine vinegar, and black pepper.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 8 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with basil to serve.
Be patient while caramelizing the onions. The more golden-brown they get, the more-flavorful your soup will be. Do not rush through this!
What others are saying
Garcia B says:
Kid friendly recipe that goes great with a cheesy grilled cheese sandwich. Probably one of the easiest recipes I’ve made. Don’t have an immersion blender but the stand blender worked well.
Jazzy Brewer says:
I added some fire roasted bell peppers to this soup as well, it was amazing. I just topped it with crunchy grilled croutons, obsessed.
Randall Hauk says:
Used a 14.5-ounce can of fire-roasted and another can of tomatoes with green chiles. It was the BOMB! Of course, I also made grilled cheese for dipping. Everyone thought this was much better than plain ol' tomato soup. I'm not replacing my other recipes, but this one will get some repeat business.
Laura Griffin says:
Amazing soup and it's vegan! Using fire roasted tomatoes makes a huge difference and adds much better flavor. This is my new go to tomato soup recipe.
Jessica Scott says:
This fire roasted tomato soup was delicious. The cashews also gave this it a creamy consistency without actually using dairy. Very simple and easy to make.