Tofu and Vegetable Green Curry
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, blotted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste, or more to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high. Cook tofu and soy sauce with the hot oil, stirring gently to coat the pieces without breaking them, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Stir curry paste and coconut milk together in the stockpot; add sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook potatoes at a simmer until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir broccoli and tofu with the sweet potatoes and cook until broccoli is bright green, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir cilantro and lime juice through the curry; top with avocado.
Any variety of vegetables will fit the bill; don’t be afraid to experiment with anything you find sitting in the fridge, begging to be eaten! If you have extra time, press the tofu cubes between a pair of baking sheets lined with paper towel to remove excess moisture from the tofu. The dryer your tofu, the better the end results.
What others are saying
Jazzy Brewer says:
This is my “end of the week, dump everything that’s left in the fridge”, recipe. Broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, peppers, you name it. It’s such a great base you can really customize it to add your favorite things. I always serve with rice, it’s so good.
Kaylee Adams says:
Used broccoli, carrots, peas, and green beans in this green curry dish. I also the tofu to get it dry as possible. I busted used paper towels and a pan on top. The only thing that would make this better is if I would improvise it to a pressure cooker. Working on that!
Jenny J says:
I didn't use the tofu, I used shrimp instead. I also cleaned out my fridge and used a little bit of everything. Zucchini, bell peppers, you name it. Definitely adding to my rotation.
Laura Griffin says:
Green curry is one of my favorites. This vegetable version is healthy and really tasty! I especially love the added sweet potatoes!
Jessica Scott says:
Very delicious Asian inspired vegan curry! The cilantro and lime gave it really good flavor. I also really liked the addition of the sweet potatoes! Overall texture and taste of this dish is great.