Pressure Cooker Pasta Caprese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2½ cups dried mezze penne noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh small mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté. Cook and stir onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir penne, tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, half of the basil leaves, and salt with the onion mixture.
- Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. Relieve pressure through quick-release valve.
- Stir the pasta mixture to oat pasta in sauce; top with mozzarella and balsamic vinegar. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped basil to serve.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
My wife and I love making this pasta caprese in our pressure cooker. It's definitely one of our family favorite weeknight meals. The sauce is classic and simple.
Laura Griffin says:
I love making pasta in my pressure cooker and this recipe is definitely one of my favorites. The added garlic and onion to the tomato sauce gave this dish excellent flavor, vey delicious.