Slow Cooker Pasta Caprese
- cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup water
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups dried penne noodles
- 1 cup fresh small mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Prepare the crock of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Stir tomato sauce, onion, tomatoes, water, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil leaves, and salt together in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir penne into the sauce in the cooker.
- Continue cooking until the pasta is al dente, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon pasta and sauce onto plates; top with mozzarella and balsamic vinegar. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped basil to serve.
Top with freshly ground black pepper for an extra kick.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This pasta caprese was so delicious. The sauce is incredible, I would definitely use it in other dishes as well. This is another reason to love your slow cooker!
Laura Griffin says:
This was my first time making pasta caprese, it was really good. Definitely a cheat day meal! The fresh mozzarella balls were my favorite part!