Meal Prep: Autumn Veggies & Chicken
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 ounces brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Spread sweet potatoes onto one third of a baking sheet. Arrange shallots in a line next to the sweet potatoes. Place chicken thighs in a line in the middle of the sheet. Spread Brussels sprouts onto the remaining space on the sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and chicken; season with salt, pepper, brown sugar, onion powder, allspice, and cinnamon. Turn vegetables to coat in oil and spices. Rub spices into chicken thighs. Sprinkle thyme over chicken and vegetables.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes; cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide vegetables and chicken between four resealable containers; refrigerate for up to four days.
No need for a special trip to the grocery to get the vegetables used here; just use whatever seasonal veggies you have on hand! Carrots, red potatoes, and red onion all work well in this meal-prep idea.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
These vegetables and well seasoned chicken is very good. The allspice, cinnamon, and brown sugar work well together. It almost reminds me of a Caribbean dish, but without the heat. I added this to my meal prep rotation for both me and my wife.
Jessica Scott says:
Easy and delicious meal prep that is ready in under an hour! Perfectly sized portions and a ton of flavor. I was hesitant about the sweet spices at first, but actually turned out really good.
Laura Griffin says:
This was so delicious! My boyfriend and I have planned to make some variation of this recipe every week going forward. I also really liked the cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar flavors, it paired nicely with the vegetables and chicken.
Katie Hason says:
This was really good and easy to make! I love roasted veggies, and combined with the chicken made for the perfect meal prep. I also really liked the mix of spices, very good flavors.
Caro Hodgin says:
So delicious and easy! Already made this for the week!
Aja A says:
This was so full of flavor! The leftovers were even better the next couple of days. It's a nice mix of sweet and bitter. I also tossed in some broccoli florets to the mix. Will try next time with chicken breast perhaps, but the chicken thigh has won me over with the flavor.