Meal Prep: Autumn Veggies & Chicken
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 ounces Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Spread sweet potatoes onto one third of a baking sheet. Arrange shallots in a line next to the sweet potatoes. Place chicken thighs in a line in the middle of the sheet. Spread Brussels sprouts onto the remaining space on the sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and chicken; season with salt, pepper, brown sugar, onion powder, allspice, and cinnamon. Turn vegetables to coat in oil and spices. Rub spices into chicken thighs. Sprinkle thyme over chicken and vegetables.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes; cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide vegetables and chicken between four resealable containers; refrigerate for up to four days.
No need for a special trip to the grocery to get the vegetables used here; just use whatever seasonal veggies you have on hand! Carrots, red potatoes, and red onion all work well in this meal-prep idea. Feel free to get creative!
What others are saying
Aja A says:
This was so full of flavor! The leftovers were even better the next couple of days. It's a nice mix of sweet and bitter. I also tossed in some broccoli florets to the mix. Will try next time with chicken breast perhaps, but the chicken thigh has won me over with the flavor.
Caro Hodgin says:
So delicious and easy! Already made this for the week!
Katie Hason says:
This was really good and easy to make! I love roasted veggies, and combined with the chicken made for the perfect meal prep. I also really liked the mix of spices, very good flavors.
Sam Dalton says:
These vegetables and well seasoned chicken is very good. The allspice, cinnamon, and brown sugar work well together. It almost reminds me of a Caribbean dish, but without the heat. I added this to my meal prep rotation for both me and my wife.
Jessica Scott says:
Easy and delicious meal prep that is ready in under an hour! Perfectly sized portions and a ton of flavor. I was hesitant about the sweet spices at first, but actually turned out really good.
Laura Griffin says:
This was so delicious! My boyfriend and I have planned to make some variation of this recipe every week going forward. I also really liked the cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar flavors, it paired nicely with the vegetables and chicken.
J S says:
These four meals cost me $10 because I had all the spices on hand. Delicious but to critique I will change the recipe to include some hot spice (sriracha or chili flakes), less allspice and more brown sugar - or add honey.