Meal Prep: Skinny Orange Chicken
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ orange, cut into 4 wedges
- Season chicken with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken in oil until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Stir orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, orange zest, honey, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger together in a bowl with a whisk until smooth; pour over the chicken, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- Divide brown rice between four bowls; ladle chicken and sauce over the rice. Sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds over the chicken; serve with an orange wedge.
What others are saying
Erik Towle says:
Quick, easy, delicious!
Michelle Carter says:
My family loved this! It was super easy and pretty fast to get everything together. We are gluten free but it’s easy enough to adapt to GF soy sauce. What I really liked is there was enough sauce to put on the rice as well.
Katie Hason says:
I've always been a fan of orange chicken but don't love that it's fried! This skinny version is much healthier, without skimping on flavor. It's so delicious and quick and easy for weeknights.
Jessica Scott says:
This skinny orange chicken is so good! I love that it's not fried. The sauce tastes really authentic, just like my favorite take out. So glad I found a new favorite!
Tal Levitas says:
Delicious! I like mine spicy so I sauteed some dried chinese red peppers until they blacked with the chicken. Came out great!