Simple Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 small orange, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup orange blossom honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Stir cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, orange blossom honey, water, and sea salt together in a saucepan over medium heat; add cinnamon stick and bring to a simmer.
- Place a lid on the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes, until the cranberries have broken down into a thick sauce, about 20 minutes. If you note the sauce reducing too quickly, you can add water as needed.
- Remove and discard the cinnamon stick. Cool sauce before serving.
It’s even better the next day. If preparing the night before serving, leave the cinnamon stick in the sauce; remove before serving. This can be prepared up to a week before Thanksgiving to cut down on the work load on the big day.
What others are saying
Tal Levitas says:
This cranberry sauce is really simple and easy. I've been making a boozy cranberry sauce for years which is similar to this one but which adds Vodka. This year we have some non drinkers coming so I was looking for something similar that would still taste good and keep the orangey flavor of my boozy 'cosmo cranberry sauce'. This one works great and was simple and easy.
Katie Hason says:
So yummy! This cranberry sauce is perfect, I love the orange zest and orange blossom honey. Way better than I expected. I could smother this on everything!
Sam Dalton says:
This was my first time making cranberry sauce, and it was really easy. My wife and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year so we're practicing all of our recipes beforehand. This turned out great and will definitely be on the menu.
Laura Griffin says:
Really delicious cranberry sauce recipe and so quick and easy to prepare. I used to put my cranberries in the oven, which took about an hour. This recipe is much quicker and yields the same results.
Greg Jones says:
I can't go to my mom's house for Thanksgiving without bringing the cranberry sauce! I did a trial run at the house yesterday and have to give this recipe five stars. It was perfect and delicious! I'm sure it will also pass mom's test!