Slow Cooker Tandoori Chicken
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed and discarded
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir yogurt, vegetable oil, lemon juice, red chili powder, salt, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, and garlic together in a large bowl. .
- Pat drumsticks dry with paper towel. Cut 2 to 3 slits into each drumstick.
- Put drumsticks into a large, resealable plastic bag; pour yogurt mixture into the bag, remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Massage bag to coat chicken completely in marinade and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Turn chicken and marinade out of bag into the crock of a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
Serve with basmati rice for a complete meal! Would you rather make this recipe in your electric pressure cooker? Pressure cooker tandoori chicken is just as tasty.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
I really enjoyed this dish. Perfect flavors, juicy, tender meat, and incredibly easy to make in the slow cooker. This was my first time cooking with Kashmiri, and I can't wait to use it again.
Jessica Scott says:
Loved this tandoori chicken! One of the best slow cooker recipes, it tastes phenomenal. Perfect for busy weeknights.
Laura Griffin says:
This slow cooker tandoori chicken is one of my favorite recipes! When I'm looking for something good without dirtying up a lot of delicious, this is usually my go to. The turmeric, ginger, and garlic is always a winning combo. I also use my own garam masala blend. Love it!