The Ultimate Fall Salad
- 1 cup stuffing (or bread cubes)
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin oil
- 1 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup leftover Brussels sprouts, halved
- ¾ cup chopped leftover turkey (or chicken)
- 1 cup leftover butternut squash chunks
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (or fruit-flavored jam)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Spread leftover stuffing in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the stuffing. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the stuffing.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring twice, until hot and beginning to crisp, about 10 minutes; remove from oven and stir to break any big chunks. Let stuffing cool completely.
- Spread baby greens onto a platter. Arrange Brussels sprouts, turkey, squash, and croutons in rows atop the greens.
- Blend cranberry sauce, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a blender until smooth. Stream oil into mixture while blending to emulsify; drizzle over dressing to serve.
No leftover cranberry sauce? Use ¼ cup of whatever fruity jam you have available instead!
If you had other vegetables on your Thanksgiving menu, use those too! Roasted veggies or green beans make great salad components. Any kind of green can be used in place of the mixed greens. Kale, spinach, or romaine are good salad greens.
What others are saying
Stephanie D says:
This was a great use of my Thanksgiving leftovers. I didn't make the cranberry dressing, but other than that made no changes to the recipe. We used baby spinach bandit was fresh and delicious.
Leah M says:
The fact that I literally made croutons out of stuffing is mind blowing! Such a fantastic idea. I skipped the Brussels sprouts and used only leftovers that I had from Thanksgiving dinner. It would be a shame to make this only once a year. I'm going to make it again soon!
Caro Hodgin says:
huge, bountiful salad. I added pears and blue cheese.
Jessica Scott says:
This salad is so delicious! Hubby and I prepared it this afternoon. So good and perfect way to use leftovers.
Greg Jones says:
Delicious salad! The cranberry sauce dressing is incredible!