The Ultimate Fall Salad
- 1 cup stuffing (or bread cubes)
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin oil
- 1 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup leftover Brussels sprouts, halved
- ¾ cup chopped leftover turkey (or chicken)
- 1 cup leftover butternut squash chunks
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (or fruit-flavored jam)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Spread leftover stuffing in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the stuffing. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the stuffing.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring twice, until hot and beginning to crisp, about 10 minutes; remove from oven and stir to break any big chunks. Let stuffing cool completely.
- Spread baby greens onto a platter. Arrange Brussels sprouts, turkey, squash, and croutons in rows atop the greens.
- Blend cranberry sauce, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a blender until smooth. Stream oil into mixture while blending to emulsify; drizzle over dressing to serve.
No leftover cranberry sauce? Use ¼ cup of whatever fruity jam you have available instead!
What others are saying
Stephanie D says:
This was a great use of my Thanksgiving leftovers. I didn't make the cranberry dressing, but other than that made no changes to the recipe. We used baby spinach bandit was fresh and delicious.
Leah M says:
The fact that I literally made croutons out of stuffing is mind blowing! Such a fantastic idea. I skipped the Brussels sprouts and used only leftovers that I had from Thanksgiving dinner. It would be a shame to make this only once a year. I'm going to make it again soon!
Caro Hodgin says:
huge, bountiful salad. I added pears and blue cheese.
Jessica Scott says:
This salad is so delicious! Hubby and I prepared it this afternoon. So good and perfect way to use leftovers.
Greg Jones says:
Delicious salad! The cranberry sauce dressing is incredible!