Meal Prep: Pressure Cooker Vegan Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup red salsa
- 1 cup water
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker set to Sauté. Cook and stir green bell pepper and red onion in hot oil until soft, 5 to 8 minutes; season with cumin and salt. Continue cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Press Cancel on the pressure cooker.
- Stir black beans, quinoa, salsa, and water with the vegetable mixture.
- Seal lid on pressure cooker and cook on Low Pressure for 12 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork. Divide quinoa mixture into five sealable containers and refrigerate for up to a week.
You can pack your favorite taco toppings or burrito fillings with the burrito bowls so you have an entire meal ready to go.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
This quinoa burrito bowl meal prep was so good! I am now totally obsessed with quinoa. It cooks so perfectly in the pressure cooker, and I've also made it without a pressure cooker. So easy and delicious.
Sam Dalton says:
I really liked this meal prep! My wife convinced me to try quinoa and it was much better than I expected. I love how light it is. Lots of good flavor too.
Jessica Scott says:
This quinoa burrito bowl meal prep was amazing! The black bean, salsa, and quinoa mixture was so flavorful thanks to the bell peppers and onions. I always love using my pressure cooker and this just gives me one more reason.