Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding with Maple Whipped Cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2½ cups half-and-half
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- ¼ (packed) cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 large baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Stir eggs, half-and-half, pumpkin, brown sugar, ¼ cup maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Arrange bread cubes into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle cranberries over the bread. Pour egg mixture over bread and cranberries; let bread soak for 15 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle pecans over the pudding and continue to bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is beginning to brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Beat remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and heavy cream together with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form; serve with warm bread pudding.
This dish can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance of baking; refrigerate covered until ready to bake. This is a great trick to cut down on prep time during the busy holiday entertaining season!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
I'm a sucker for pumpkin spice bread. This was really good, I can't wait to make another batch. I was a little skeptic at first because of the cranberries, but it worked out well.
Jessica Scott says:
This pumpkin spiced bread was amazing! I made it the night before Thanksgiving, and my guests and I loved it. The maple whipped topping was also fantastic! This is going to be on rotation for the entire season.