Thanksgiving Turkey and Gravy Dumplings
- ½ cup shredded leftover turkey
- ⅓ cup leftover gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, or as needed
- ½ cup leftover cranberry sauce
- Mix turkey, gravy, and parsley together in a bowl.
- Lay 4 wonton wrappers on a clean, flat surface. Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the turkey mixture in the center of each wrapper. Brush water along the edges of each wrapper. Fold two opposing corners together to form a filled triangle. Press along the edges to seal completely. Wet two other corners slightly and pinch together. Repeat dumpling-filling process with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, fry wontons in a single layer in the hot oil until golden brown, about 1 minutes.
- Pour 2 tablespoons water into the skillet and cover immediately with a lid. Steam dumplings for 1 minute; transfer to a plate.
- Serve wontons with cranberry sauce and garnish with parsley.
For a vegetarian version, use leftover stuffing or mashed potatoes as the filling instead of the turkey!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
These turkey and gravy dumplings are amazing! I didn't have any cranberry sauce left over so I just dipped them in extra gravy. Delicious!
Jessica Scott says:
We tried this and it was so delicious! The wonton wrappers are great for the leftover turkey and gravy. I bet you could also use egg roll wrappers?! The cranberry sauce was so perfect for dipping!
Greg Jones says:
I tried this and it was very good. Such a reative way to use Thanksgiving leftovers. I plan to make this again in the future. I bet it would also taste good in the form of an egg roll!
Stephanie D says:
We did egg rolls instead of wonton wrappers (stole the idea from the comment above). It worked great, glad I tried it!
Melissa Hunter says:
Delicious! Didn't use the cranberry sauce, I actually just used gravy for dipping. A little labor intensive wrapping the wontons, but it's so worth it.