- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes, diced
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Break turkey into small chunks and add to the pot; add onion, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. Cook turkey, breaking into increasingly smaller chunks as you stir, until browned completely, 3 to 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir tomato paste and diced tomatoes through the turkey mixture.
- Lay spaghetti atop the mixture. Pour water over the spaghetti and press with a spoon to assure spaghetti is submerged. Bring water to a boil, cover pot with a lid, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a simmer until pasta al dente, about 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti; stir cheese into the pasta. Garnish with Roma tomato and cilantro to serve.
If good tomatoes are unavailable, use canned diced tomatoes in place of the Roma tomatoes.
What others are saying
Alex Cabral says:
Such a good recipe! Yes, tacos are tacos and spaghetti is spaghetti, but this fusion is incredibly delicious! I used ground beef and added extra cumin for flavor. I'm also gonna just throw this out there, the more cheese the better. You will not be disappointed if you try this recipe!
McKenzie C says:
Favorite recipe! I used ground beef instead of turkey, and got delicious results. I skip the onion and use onion powder instead because my kids can be so finicky at times. They love this recipe though, it's a nice switch from the same old spaghetti.
Stephanie D says:
This was so delicious! Really easy to make too. I've done it both with ground beef and ground turkey. I also use a regular taco seasoning packet because it's quick and easy.
Sam Dalton says:
This taco pasta is definitely one of my favorite recipes. I usually have the double the recipe because whenever I make it the kids want seconds and thirds. It's so cheesy and delicious. I'm not a big pasta person, but even I love it. The taco seasoning flavors are really authentic and it's not spicy at all.
Jessica Scott says:
I didn't think I would like this taco spaghetti, but I loved it! I initially made it for my little nieces and nephews that came over, but I ended up eating two bowls! It was very delicious, plus it was also easy to make! So good!