Slow Cooker Palak Paneer
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced green chile pepper, or to taste
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 pound chopped spinach
- 1 cup water, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 15 cashew nuts
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups paneer, cut into cubes
- Melt ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and green chili in ghee until fragrant, about 1 minute; add onion and continue cooking until softened, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer onion mixture to the crock of a slow cooker; add chopped spinach, water, salt, and garam masala with the onion mixture.
- Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Blend the spinach in the slow cooker with an immersion blender.
- Blend cashews and milk in a blender into a smooth paste; stir into the blended spinach.
- Stir paneer into the spinach mixture to serve.
Serve this with rice or flatbread.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Classic Indian dish, way better than store bought! The garlic and ginger give it a really distinct flavor, it's super delicious. It's ridiculously easy to make too.
Laura Griffin says:
I'm always looking for vegetarian recipes to lighten up my weeknight dinners. This dish was very good! The garlic, ginger, and green chile pepper added the right amount of flavor and spice.