Cold Sesame Zoodles
- ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes and blotted dry
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir peanut butter, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sriracha, and red pepper flakes together with a whisk in a large bowl until smooth and thick. Thin with a few drops of water if needed to stir.
- Drain away the excess water from the tofu and lightly blot it with paper towels to further dry the surface.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté tofu in hot oil until golden brown, about 10 minutes; remove from heat. Add zucchini to the skillet and toss with the tofu mixture to coat zucchini in sauce.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions over the dish to serve.
For a nut-free option, replace the peanut butter with tahini, or if you have a peanut allergy, try almond butter. to cut back on refined sweetener, use coconut sugar, honey or maple syrup in place of the brown sugar. If you like, try carrot or sweet potato noodles instead of zucchini.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
I was hesitant at first because of the cold noodles, but this dish was very good and the sauce was excellent! The tofu soaked up the sauce wonderfully, so delicious! Definitely will make this again.
Greg Jones says:
These sesame noodles were really good. It's one of my favorite lunch dishes and perfect to enjoy after hitting the gym. The crunch peanut sauce is also really good.
DC Cote says:
Cold zoodles are my favorite! I used almond butter for the sauce, it was super tasty. Great for lunch or a light dinner.
Rachel Douglas says:
Love the spiralized zucchini noodles! I also added spiralized carrots. I made the peanut sauce less spicy by omitting sriracha. Love how tasty these turned out.
Monica Allen says:
I left out the tofu in this recipe and just made the noodles and sauce. Super tasty! Oh, and I used spiralized zucchini and carrots.