Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2½ tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup minced white onion
- ½ cup minced carrot
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat ½ tablespoon avocado oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beaten eggs in oil, stirring continually, until lightly set; transfer to a large bowl.
- Wipe the skillet clean. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet. Sauté onion and carrot in oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add cabbage, peas, Brussels sprouts, and bell pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked through and turning golden, about 5 minutes; add to bowl with cooked egg.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute; add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is hot and starting to turn golden on the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Stir spinach and green onion with the rice mixture; add the cooked veggies and eggs and stir.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir soy sauce and sesame oil into the vegetables and rice; season with salt and pepper.
If you want to make this vegan, simply omit the egg and replace with diced tofu.
What others are saying
Chaz Norwood says:
Excellent fried rice, I must have added about 20 different vegetables. Pretty much whatever was left over in my fridge. Day old rice of course. So good!
Gary Myers says:
I took all of the extra vegetables in my fridge and used them in this dish, it was so easy. Next time I think I will try to make this in my pressure cooker. Really good dish, made it with leftover chicken.
Laura Griffin says:
This fried rice was amazing! I love all the vegetables, especially the Brussels sprouts and and bell peppers. You won't want take out again after you try this dish.
Greg Jones says:
This packed veggie fried rice was amazing! So many delicious vegetables, but don't let that turn you off. I'm not a heavy veggie guy, but this was the exception. I will be making this again soon.