Lemon Pepper Tofu
- cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounce) pack extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lightly blot tofu cubes with a paper towel to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Stir tapioca flour, lemon zest, garlic powder, pepper, and salt together in a bowl; add tofu and toss gently to coat. Spread out tofu on the greased baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly spray cooking spray over the tofu cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turn the cubes, and continue baking until lightly golden and crispy, 10 to 20 minutes more.
In case you run short of tapioca flour, you can always use cornstarch, rice flour, or potato starch as a thickening agent.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
These crunchy lemon pepper tofu bites are a great snack! A lot of my friends were asking what it was, they had no clue it was tofu! These are a must try, even skeptics will love it!
Laura Griffin says:
Delicious, crispy lemon pepper tofu! Perfect with a side of noodles or rice. I used to think I did not like tofu, but this is just another reason to love it!
S B says: