Meal Prep: Thai Chicken Salad Jars
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large mango, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups sliced romaine lettuce, or as needed
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 lime, quartered
- Beat peanut butter, lime juice, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl until smooth; divide between 4 quart-sized canning jars.
- Divide the carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, mango, chicken, and cabbage between the 4 jars. Pack romaine lettuce onto the vegetables to fill the jar; top with cilantro, peanuts, and a lime quarter.
- Seal lids onto jars and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Open a jar, remove the lime wedge, and dump contents into a large bowl. Use salad utensils to coat salad in dressing. Squeeze lime over the salad to serve.
Before squeezing the lime over the salad, top with about 1/4 of a sliced avocado for even more flavor! It gives the salad a fresh boost when you need a lunchtime pick me up!
What others are saying
Kelly Minasi says:
I thought this was fantastic. I would have never ordered this when eating out, but had and liked all ingredients. Restaurant quality salad. Stored the peanuts in Saran on the top so they stayed crunchy. Yum!!!
Greg Jones says:
Very good dressing, excellent flavors, nice crunch. I also really prefer the shredded chicken over cubed chicken. Great recipe all around, I give this salad 5 stars easily.
Laura Griffin says:
This was my first time making salad jars! Super cool and very delicious salad! I was hesitant about the mango at first, but so glad I used it. It worked perfectly with the Thai flavors, amazing, I will definitely be making this salad again.
Steve Failows says:
I love Chinese chicken salad and this had a similar feel to it. the Peanut dressing was delicious and all the ingredients work together really nicely. It would have been nice to eat it straight out of the jar but it was tough to mix it up in there. delicious! will make again!
Tal Levitas says:
These were a quick and easy lunch I ate at work. So good and simple. I'm making these again.