Lemongrass Tofu Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ¼-inch planks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ pound fresh snow peas
- ½ pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- Blend lemongrass, garlic, water, and soy sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high. Tilt pan to coat cooking surface in oil. Gently lay tofu into the pan in an even layer; sear until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer tofu to a plate.
- Pour lemongrass mixture into the pan; simmer for 30 seconds. Stir bell pepper, snow peas, and mushrooms into the sauce; stir-fry until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Return tofu to the pan and continue to cook until all the excess water has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season with red pepper flakes to serve.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This dish boasts a ton of different flavors. From the lemongrass to the mushrooms, the peppers, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes, this meal was really good. Perfect light dish and good for weeknights because it's so quick.