- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat milk, egg and butter together; add bananas and mix until smooth. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be lumpy.
- Lightly grease a cast-iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Ladle batter into skillet in ¼-cup portions; cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
If you feel like you're always scrambling to get breakfast made in the morning, get a head start the night before. Pre-mix the dry ingredients for the pancakes and cover the bowl. In the morning, you can simply stir the wet ingredients into the dry and you're good to go!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
These banana pancakes were perfect! I've tried various pancake recipes but they all usually came out flat. These were nice a fluffy. You really don't even need syrup in them, they're that good.
Laura Griffin says:
Yummy banana pancakes! You don't need boxed pancakes to make this delicious recipe. It's so good and easy. This is easily one of my favorites for breakfast.
Dominique M says:
These are so good, I eat them alone, no syrup, no nothing. I also add a little vanilla extract to the batter. Favorite breakfast recipe ever!
DC Cote says:
Perfect pancake recipe! I added a little bit of Tupelo honey also. it was so delicious, lots of flavor. This is my go to recipe whenever I have bananas that are ripened and I don't want to throw them away.
Rachel Douglas says:
Best pancakes recipe ever, way better than the blueberry! I always use my old, brown and black bananas to make these. They're moist, fluffy and delicious, just how a pancake should be. I don't even need to use syrup!