Butternut Squash and Brie Crostini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 8 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 20 ½-inch-thick slices whole-grain baguette
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir squash in hot oil until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir cranberries and pomegranate seeds with the squash; continue cooking until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir honey and sage into the squash mixture to coat.
- Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet.
- Toast in preheated oven until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Flip slices and arrange brie slices onto baguette slices to cover, but not overlap the edges.
- Return sheet to over and bake to melt the brie, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon squash mixture onto baguette slices to serve.
If you're one of the few people who inexplicably have leftover baguette, keep reading. You don't have to throw it out if it's stale. Slice them into rounds and store them in a resealable bag in the freezer. Then voila! You can turn them into fancy toasts like the ones in this recipe.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
I made this for my wife and she loved it. It's a great appetizer to share with friends and family over drinks. Next time we host another get together, we will be making this again.