Pressure Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir brown sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and black pepper together in a pressure cooker pot to dissolve the sugar; add chicken and toss to coat.
- Seal lid on the pressure cooker, select POULTRY, and cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. Relieve pressure through the quick-release valve.
- Remove chicken wings to a platter.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water.
- Select Sauté on the pressure cooker. Stir cornstarch slurry into the sauce; cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour thickened sauce over chicken and garnish with sesame seeds to serve.
You can make this boneless, skinless thighs if you prefer. Just reduce cooking time to 3 minutes. The sugar counts as a portion of the minimum liquid requirement, so if you lower the amount of sugar, replace with an equal measure of water.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
Delicious chicken wings! I like making these on game day. I'm definitely gonna have these on the menu for the super bowl. The garlic, ginger, and soy sauce was perfect.
Laura Griffin says:
If you like chicken teriyaki you will absolutely fall in love with these wings. The flavor is spot on, and they're really quick to make. I especially love eating these on weeknights when I'm craving wings. I have to try this recipe using chicken thighs next!