Pressure Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir brown sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and black pepper together in a pressure cooker pot to dissolve the sugar; add chicken and toss to coat.
- Seal lid on the pressure cooker, select POULTRY, and cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. Relieve pressure through the quick-release valve.
- Remove chicken wings to a platter.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water.
- Select Sauté on the pressure cooker. Stir cornstarch slurry into the sauce; cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour thickened sauce over chicken and garnish with sesame seeds to serve.
You can make this recipe with boneless, skinless thighs if you prefer. Just cut your chicken thighs into 1 inch cubes and reduce cooking time to 3 minutes. The sugar counts as a portion of the minimum liquid requirement, so if you lower the amount of sugar, replace with an equal measure of water.
What others are saying
Jessica McFarland says:
Delicious! Like others, I put the wings under the broiler to crisp them up. The sauce got super sticky and my kids appreciated how the meat practically fell off the bone. We will be making these again very soon. I’ve also used the cooking directions for the meat with other sauces/marinades and it works out great every time!
Maureen Dougherty says:
Fantastic. Fall off the bone with wonderful flavors. Next time I'll broil them a little longer so they crisp up better.
Hector Jonass says:
Very good wings. I threw them under the broiler for a few minutes in an effort to get a little texture, but instead got a stickier sauce, which turned out to be even better for some of the less mature people at the party who took the opportunity to put sticky thumbs on cheeks. Good times!
Aja A says:
These were fall-off-the-bone delicious! I'm usually a fried chicken wings gal, but these pressure cooked ones has me looking at "baked" wings differently. These cooked up very quickly in my MultiPot and that's a good thing since my apartment was smelling lovely from the teriyaki sauce.
Jen the Mighty says:
I love wings and I love teriyaki so this one was a no-brainer. This recipe was super quick and easy, too. Love it!
Greg Jones says:
Delicious chicken wings! I like making these on game day. I'm definitely gonna have these on the menu for the super bowl. The garlic, ginger, and soy sauce was perfect.
Laura Griffin says:
If you like chicken teriyaki you will absolutely fall in love with these wings. The flavor is spot on, and they're really quick to make. I especially love eating these on weeknights when I'm craving wings. I have to try this recipe using chicken thighs next!