- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl.
- Beat milk, egg, and butter together in a separate large bowl; add flour mixture and stir into a batter with some lumps. Fold blueberries through the batter.
- Lightly grease a griddle or cast-iron skillet and place over medium-high heat. Ladle batter by the ¼ cup onto the prepared cooking surface. Cook pancakes until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Do the people at the table argue over who got more blueberries in their pancakes? Then keep the peace with this tip for achieving a more even distribution of blueberries: Instead of mixing the blueberries into the batter, drop them into the pancake one-by-one right after you ladle the batter into the pan.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
Hands down my favorite blueberry pancakes recipe. I make these every weekend. It's so easy to make, requires simple ingredients, and easily make about 1 dozen pancakes. Can't go wrong with this one at all.
Jessica Scott says:
I love this blueberry pancake recipe! They are so sweet and delicious. One of the best things about these pancakes is how quick and easy they are to make. Perfect for Saturday or Sunday mornings when you want something good!
McKenzie C says:
This is my favorite pancakes recipe. The only change I make is I use buttermilk. Also, fresh wild blueberries work best. I've made this a few times and even subbed frozen. Definitely go with fresh!
DC Cote says:
I used to always buy boxed instant pancakes, but since stumbling upon this recipe it's the only one I make now. Frozen blueberries work just fine!
Santana Williams says:
These blueberry pancakes are a staple in my house. This recipe works with both frozen and fresh berries, but I prefer the smaller wild blueberries! I make my pancakes smaller than the average, and I can get at least 24 mini pancakes from this batch.