Pressure Cooker Chocolate Brownies
- 1½ cups water
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour water into your pressure cooker. Lay steamer rack into the cooker. Line a steamer basket with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a bowl until smooth; add olive oil, flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, walnuts, milk, salt baking powder, and sea salt and mix into a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared steamer basket and smooth into an even layer.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Cake and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Remove lid and let brownie cool for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Have you ever wondered why you put a pinch of salt in dessert recipes? Since salt is a flavor enhancer, a pinch of salt triggers sensors on your taste buds to make your dessert taste even sweeter!
What others are saying
Erin Hudson says:
I made my famous sweet potato and fudge brownies, and they were so delicious. Next time I may add a cherry topping.
Jazzy Brewer says:
These were really moist. Doesn’t make a huge batch, but good enough when you’re craving something sweet. I also added in some peanut butter, swirled in the batter.
Cindy McKean-Logan says:
Hi, These sound amazing! I don't have a steamer basket, is there something else I can use instead?
Laura Griffin says:
I'm addicted to these chocolate brownies. They were so simple to make in the pressure cooker and they turned out perfect. This is such a basic recipe that all pressure cooker owners should have in the kitchen repertoire. These are great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Greg Jones says:
I love this recipe like a fat kid loves cake! These brownies were delicious, moist, and chewy. I don't know that I will make brownies any other way. Much easier than oven baking them.