Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise or full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together the white wine vinegar, mayonnaise, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until fully blended. Drizzle in the oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Place brussels sprouts, hazelnuts, and cranberries in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing; toss until fully coated.
- Place salad on a platter; top with goat cheese.
If you keep the end on the Brussels sprouts you will have something to hold on to while slicing thinly. This will keep your fingers safe!
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
i used half shredded kale, half brussels sprouts and it was wonderful. i also used feta instead of goat cheese and the salty punch was great.
Katie Hason says:
This shaved Brussels sprouts salad is delicious and nutritious! I really loved the toasted hazelnuts! The simple dressing is also very good, the maple syrup gives it a great flavor.
Laura Griffin says:
I'm on a Brussels sprouts kick right now, so I tried this recipe and loved it. I used blue cheese crumbles instead of goat cheese because that's what I had on hand. This dish makes me want to use shaved sprouts for everything now! If you like Brussels, try this, you will love it!
Greg Jones says:
My wife loves Brussels sprouts so I made this salad for her and she loved it. I actually enjoyed it myself, I thought that the cranberries and hazlenuts added a nice flavor to the earthiness of the sprouts. The homemade dressing was also very easy and delicious.
Erica Schaefer says:
Instead of goat cheese I used fresh, crumbled blue cheese on top of this salad. This was super simple to make, especially if you have a food processor, it's quick and easy to shave the Brussels sprouts.