Meal Prep: Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Preheat baking sheet pan under the broiler on an oven rack set in the top position.
- Combine oil, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, chile powder, and black pepper in a bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Place steak in a separate bowl; add half the oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Place bell peppers and onions in a separate bowl; add half the oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven; coat with cooking spray. Spread pepper mixture onto pan.
- Broil until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Remove sheet pan from oven.
- Arrange pepper mixture to the sides of the pan. Place steak in center of sheet pan.
- Broil until steak reaches desired doneness, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cilantro over meat and vegetables.
- Divide quinoa or brown rice, steak, and pepper mixture between 4 airtight meal containers; refrigerate for up to 4 days.
For speedy cleanup, cover the sheet pan with non-stick foil. That way at the end of the meal you can just wrap it up and toss it out! A quick rinse and the dishes are done.
What others are saying
Tiana D. says:
You had me at "sheet pan". These fajitas were so easy to make and really great, even as leftovers. I like to go to Mexican restaurants for fajitas, but this recipe will have me staying home a lot more often.
Laura Griffin says:
These sheet pan fajitas are ridiculously easy and very delicious. They're so flavorful you could really eat them without any sides. If I want something a little more filling, I make it with rice and beans. This recipe is also great for meal prepping.
Greg Jones says:
These sheet pan fajitas area really good. When they come out the oven I just eat them right off the sheet pan. They're really quick and easy, which is also a plus.