Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 (14 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ¾ cup prepared Buffalo-style wing sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional toppings: extra wing sauce, grated Cheddar cheese, crumbled blue cheese, sliced green onions, lime wedges, avocado slices
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Sauté onion, celery, roasted red peppers, and garlic in hot oil until the onion and celery softens, about 4 minutes; season with paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Press Cancel on pressure cooker.
- Stir crushed tomatoes, chicken, diced tomatoes with green chilies, wing sauce, pinto beans, and cannellini beans with the onion mixture.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 30 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed allow pressure to release naturally for X minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken to a large bowl; shred into strands with two forks.
- Stir shredded chicken with the beans mixture in the pressure cooker.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with desired toppings to serve.
Cayenne pepper, hot sauce and melted butter are the base of the traditional Buffalo wing sauce. This can be prepared either mild, medium, or hot. This recipe uses a commercial prepared Buffalo-style sauce that can then be used an a wide variety of recipes. Pick a brand with a level of spiciness to suit your palate!
What others are saying
George Delamea says:
This was so good that it's going in the "make and take camping" file. It's not an actual file, but still going in there. We do a lot of chili for camping because it's always a little cool by dinner time on this side of the mountains, even in the hottest of summer days. It's also the only time my boys will eat chili. May have to make a separate less-Buffalo batch for the younger palates, but the adults are going to CRUSH this with plenty of beer and cornbread. Good times ahead!
Judy Mosesman says:
I made this recipe for my parents and they loved it. It was loaded with flavor. I reduced the buffalo sauce by 1/4 cup since my parents don't like overly spicy foods, and it was perfect.
Laura Griffin says:
Obsessed with this recipe! It was a little spicy, but had great flavor! I will definitely make this again.
Sam Dalton says:
Addicting! Perfect for game day in front of the TV. It was a little spicy, but I added sour cream. I bet it also tastes great with ranch dressing. I am definitely making this again.
Katie Hason says:
I made this pressure cooker buffalo chicken chili and it was fantastic. I enjoyed more bowls than I could count. If you like buffalo sauce, then this is a must try. It's great for game day, weeknights, or just those cooler days where you want some delicious, hearty chili. It's the best of both worlds, what's not to love?!