Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 (14 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ¾ cup prepared Buffalo-style wing sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional toppings: extra wing sauce, grated Cheddar cheese, crumbled blue cheese, sliced green onions, lime wedges, avocado slices
For best results, we recommend using:
- Use the Sauté setting to preheat pressure cooker on normal for 5 minutes. Add olive oil and sauté onion, celery, roasted red peppers, and garlic, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes. Stir in the paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Turn pressure cooker off.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, chicken, diced tomatoes with green chilies, wing sauce, pinto beans, and cannellini beans.
- Close lid and pressure cook on High for 30 minutes. When cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Turn pressure cooker off and carefully remove lid. Remove chicken to a large bowl.
- Shred chicken using two forks.
- Return shredded chicken to pressure cooker and stir to combine.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with desired toppings to serve.
What others are saying
Judy Mosesman says:
I made this recipe for my parents and they loved it. It was loaded with flavor. I reduced the buffalo sauce by 1/4 cup since my parents don't like overly spicy foods, and it was perfect.
Laura Griffin says:
Obsessed with this recipe! It was a little spicy, but had great flavor! I will definitely make this again.
Sam Dalton says:
Addicting! Perfect for game day in front of the TV. It was a little spicy, but I added sour cream. I bet it also tastes great with ranch dressing. I am definitely making this again.
Katie Hason says:
I made this pressure cooker buffalo chicken chili and it was fantastic. I enjoyed more bowls than I could count. If you like buffalo sauce, then this is a must try. It's great for game day, weeknights, or just those cooler days where you want some delicious, hearty chili. It's the best of both worlds, what's not to love?!