Pressure Cooker Beer-Braised Sausage with Peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Italian sausages
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced into strips
- 1½ cups light beer
- 6 sausage buns
For best results, we recommend using:
- Select Sauté on your pressure cooker to preheat the base; add oil. Sear the sausages on one side, about 5 minutes. Remove sausages to a plate.
- Pile peppers and onions into the pressure cooker. Lay the sausages seared-side up on the peppers and onions.
- Pour in the beer.
- Close lid and set valve to Sealing.
- Press Meat/Stew and cook for 5 minutes on High Pressure. Slowly release pressure through the quick-release valve.
- Serve sausages on buns topped with peppers and onions.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This is like hot dogs for grown ups. Plus, sausage and beer are always a good mix! Overall this had a ton of great flavor and was very filling. I will for sure make this again in my pressure cooker.
Jessica Scott says:
Made these for my boyfriend and he officially thinks I'm the best cook ever! He did not believe that I created this in our pressure cooker. I can't take all the credit though, this recipe was superb! The Italian sausages with the sweet bell peppers and onion are so good together.