Pressure Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Sauté onion and celery in hot oil until onion is starting to look translucent, 3 to 5 minutes; add about half the cauliflower and cook, stirring only once or twice, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour stock into the pot; add remaining cauliflower and bay leaf.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 5 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat; stir flour into the butter to make a roux; stir into the soup.
- Pureé the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with gorgonzola to serve.
Cauliflower is the latest buzz-worthy superfood. Cauliflower has recently received superfood status because it packs a nutritional punch. Cauliflower contains glucosinolates, or sulfur containing compounds, that may lower your risk of cancer and ward off heart disease.
What others are saying
Alex Cabral says:
This soup is so creamy and delicious. I added pan fried bacon, chopped up, for garnish. I also added freshly minced garlic to the onion and celery. Phenomenal!
Randall Hauk says:
This really ought to be called "Soup for Gorgonzola" because that's what it is to me & why I will make it over and over again just to completely ignore the "4 ounces" on the recipe and pile it onto my portion. Don't judge me!
Tiana D. says:
Gorgonzola is the perfect partner to Cauliflower. This soup is so creamy and delicious my family had seconds (and maybe thirds shh). Highly recommended to lovers of cream soups and great food. A great time to use the immersion blender as well, love to have the opportunity to pull that out of the drawer.
Laura Griffin says:
This cauliflower soup was very delicious. It was so quick to make in the pressure cooker! used my immersion blender and the consistency was thick and creamy. I didn't have gorgonzola so I used Parmesan, and it was fantastic.
Katie Hason says:
I love cauliflower soup, it's so underrated! This recipe was very delicious. The gorgonzola cheese goes perfect with the soup, or you can skip it for a vegan option. I'm going to make this again soon, it's great for cold weather days!