Pressure Cooker Steamed Garlic Artichokes
- 4 artichokes, trimmed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups water
- 4 pinches sea salt
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- Rub cut ends of artichokes with lemon. Push a portion of garlic into the top of each artichoke.
- Pour water into the pot of your pressure cooker. Place steamer rack over the water and put steamer basket on the rack.
- Arrange artichokes into the steamer basket with points upwards; sprinkle a pinch of salt onto each.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 10 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Garnish artichokes with parsley and serve warm.
For perfectly cooked artichokes, adjust pressure cooking time to the size of the artichoke. Steam small artichokes for 5 minutes, medium for 10, and large for 15 minutes at high pressure. The cooking time does not change no matter how many artichokes you are steaming!
For more pressure cooker steamed vegetable recipes you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
I made this recipe and it was really easy! It makes a great appetizer and goes well with dip. I served mine with aioli and my guests loved it.
Greg Jones says:
Loved the garlicky flavors in this dish. I used coarse sea salt and it was wonderful. Nice for appetizers and date night.
Erin Hudson says:
Perfect base for spinach artichoke dip. The artichoke from this recipe with some spinach, cream cheese, shredded Parmesan cheese and had the perfect game day snack.