Pressure Cooker Brown Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs parsley, minced
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Sauté mushrooms in hot oil until golden, 2 to 3 minutes; add stock, rice, and salt.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 20 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over rice; fluff with a fork and garnish with parsley to serve.
The key to building flavor to of this dish is cooking the mushrooms until golden. Don’t skip this step. Brown rice is an excellent source of the trace mineral manganese and a good source of selenium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium and niacin.
What others are saying
Garcia B says:
Added some green onions with the brown rice. My kids just pick the mushrooms and stuff out but I really like it. I make it with pork chops.
Jazzy Brewer says:
When you’re cooking the mushrooms it takes a little bit for them to get golden but it smells so good and really makes the flavor amazing. I think the sauté function gets the pot a little hot, but just resist the temptation to press cancel. I usually serve this as a side dish with roast chicken.
Caro Hodgin says:
Really good side dish with chicken. Want to try adding chicken thighs next time and cooking it all together. Does anyone know if that would work?
Greg Jones says:
Making brown rice in a pressure cooker is so easy. Adding the mushrooms and balsamic vinegar was perfect. This is a really delicious side dish, not boring, and good for weeknights. Serve it with chicken and vegetables, and you've got yourself a complete meal.
Laura Griffin says:
I made this as a side dish and it was perfect It's so delicious and pairs perfectly with chicken. I also love that it's nutritious and a good source of fiber. The mushrooms add a little heartiness as well, so if you're a vegetarian it would be a great main dish, maybe add some almonds and kale to the mix.