Pressure Cooker Penne in Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, minced
For best results, we recommend using:
- To a pressure cooker, add pasta, chopped tomatoes, salt, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Flatten pasta mixture into a single layer; add just enough water to cover.
- Close lid and set the valve to Sealing.
- Press Pressure Cook and adjust cooking time to 5 minutes at Low Pressure. When cooking time is up, release pressure through Quick Release valve.
- Drizzle pasta with olive oil; sprinkle in leaves and mix well.
Replace penne with any short-cut pasta. This recipe also works with whole-wheat and gluten-free pastas. The low pressure keeps the pasta from getting too mushy!
What others are saying
Steven Gomes says:
Perfect recipe, went well with whole wheat pasta. I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned, as well as freshly minced garlic. Super quick recipe in the pressure cooker.
Anthony Cohen says:
Super easy to make, budget dinner, doesn't require a lot of ingredients, yet still taste delicious. I added meatballs, just because. But it's definitely not necessary. I really love the flavor from the basil, it adds a fresh taste.
Aja A says:
The pasta cooked up very nicely in the pressure cooker. I was afraid it would be mushy for some reason, but it wasn't. This was a good simple pasta that would benefit from a protein or a bit of pecorino cheese for more flavor.
Greg Jones says:
Simple and easy penne pasta. The sauce was also really good. No need to buy store bought anymore! My kids also love this recipe, no complaints at the dinner table, even for my picky eaters.
Laura Griffin says:
I made this and it was the definition of authentic Italian pasta. I love how easy and delicious it was to make in the pressure cooker. So simple, yet so delicious! If you own a pressure cooker, this is a must try.