Barbeque Baked Chicken
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place drumsticks in a baking dish.
- Whisk together tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, water, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and water in a bowl; pour over chicken and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 55 minutes. Turn chicken about halfway through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Get a jump start on the next time you make this recipe by doubling the batch of barbecue sauce. Use half of the sauce right away and keep the extra in the fridge to use another time. You could also use this barbecue sauce on chicken thighs or breast, or pork chops.
What others are saying
Chaz Norwood says:
Great tasting chicken. I did some ancho chili powder to the sauce for some spice. Definitely would make this again or redo the sauce for wings.
Katie Hason says:
Really delicious baked bbq chicken! When I saw this recipe used an original sauce I was really excited and it turned out great. I set some sauce aside to add extra after taking it out the oven. So good!
Greg Jones says:
This BBQ baked chicken is incredible. I've made it with both drumsticks and chicken breast, both are amazing. Everyone in my family loves when I'm making this for dinner and the always beg for seconds.