Spiralized Cucumber-Carrot Salad with a Creamy Ginger Dressing
- Spiralized Cucumber-Carrot Salad:
- 1 English cucumber, spiralized using the 3mm blade and trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and spiralized using the 3mm blade and trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green apple - quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- ⅓ cup minced fresh cilantro
- Creamy Ginger Dressing:
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ⅓ cup plain non-dairy milk
For best results, we recommend using:
- Gently toss cucumber, carrots, apple, edamame, and cilantro together in a bowl; you may want to use your hands since it can be a bit difficult to stir.
- Blend chopped carrots, oil, vinegar, shallot, ginger, syrup, and salt in a blender on high until smooth; gradually drizzle in the non-dairy milk while blending to emulsify, until it reaches your desired consistency. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. The dressing will continue to thicken in the fridge if made in advance, so you may want to add more liquid to thin.
- Add a generous splash of the dressing into the bowl of vegetable and toss to coat, adjusting dressing amount to taste. Dig in right away, before the cucumber starts to wilt and become watery. If you’d like to prepare this and keep in the fridge, leave out the cucumber until the last minute.
This recipe makes more dressing than is needed for the immediate side dish, but you may still want to double it to ensure plenty of delicious leftovers. Extra dressing can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
What others are saying
Santana Williams says:
I'm not sure what the English cucumber is so I used two of the smaller cucumbers and spiralized them for this salad. I also used three carrots. The creamy carrot dressing was my favorite though. I used just a little less ginger, and it turned out great.
Jordan Clark says:
I'm obsessed with these spiralized veggie salad. The dressing was so tangy, especially because I used a little extra ginger. I also used agave instead of maple syrup. Loved everything about this dish, and will definitely make it again.
DC Cote says:
I thought the carrot dressing with the spiralized carrots would be a bit much, but surprisingly it worked well. I used honey instead of maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
Greg Jones says:
I really liked this salad, it was very fresh with a lot of different flavors. From the apple to the cilantro to the ginger, this recipe is both healthy and delicious. I paired it with a salmon filet and it was delicious.
Laura Griffin says:
This cucumber salad was amazing! The creamy ginger dressing is so delicious, I doubled the batch to save for later use. I also loved the sweet and sour green apple added to the dish, wonderful!