Baked Oatmeal with Chocolate Chips and Currants
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup raspberries, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat milk, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla together in a separate bowl until smooth; pour into oats mixture and stir to combine fully. Add chocolate chips and currants; stir.
- Pour oats mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick or knife poked into the center comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and top with raspberries and additional syrup, if desired.
Did you spend too much time picking out your outfit and your oatmeal's overcooked and dry? Don't worry. We have an easy fix for that. Simply top the oatmeal with warmed milk. Speaking of milk, this recipe works well with almond milk, too.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This baked oatmeal and chocolate chip recipe feeds all my kids for breakfast. It's super easy to make, and a nice change from the typical eggs or pancakes we would normally make. They especially love the chocolate.
Jessica Scott says:
Baked oatmeal is so yummy! I didn't have currants, but used raisins instead. The chocolate chips were a real treat! This is a delicious, healthy recipe thats perfect for breakfast or even as dessert. It also smells incredible while it's baking!