Baked Asparagus Fries
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
- Combine panko and Parmesan in a large mixing bowl; season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge asparagus in flour, dip into beaten egg, and dredge in the panko mixture, pressing to coat; place in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Don't toss those asparagus trimmings! Freeze them in a resealable plastic bag and you can use them to make asparagus soup later.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
These were really good, I love the crunchy parmesan and panko bread crumb coating. It makes the perfect crisp on the outside, and the asparagus isn't soggy either.
Sam Dalton says:
I loved these asparagus fries, they were so good. It reminded me of vegetable tempura, but with a different batter. They're so addicting, you'll want to eat a whole lot.
Greg Jones says:
These crispy asparagus fries remind me of fried zucchini but much, much healthier. I'm staying away from fried foods, so I definitely enjoyed making this. If you like asparagus, you have to try this recipe.