Four-Ingredient Peppermint Bark
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 5 drops red food coloring
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put 3 ounces of the chocolate into a small microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate with a rubber spatula to stir; heat in microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again with spatula until melted and smooth. Stir remaining chopped chocolate into the melted until all has melted into a glossy, smooth chocolate. If it doesn't melt all the way by stirring, heat in microwave for additional 15 seconds.
- Stir half the peppermint extract into the chocolate; spread onto the prepared sheet. Use spatula to spread into an even, ½-inch-thick layer.
- Repeat melting process with white chocolate in a separate bowl. Stir remaining peppermint extract through the white chocolate; add food coloring and swirl into the chocolate with a knife to make streaks through the chocolate.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over the dark chocolate and spread to cover as much as you like. (Try leaving a ½-inch border of dark chocolate around the edges, for example.)
- Let chocolate cool until set and firm, at least 2 hours. If you’re eager to eat it, you can set in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut into irregular pieces to serve.
Add even more peppermint flavor by sprinkling crushed peppermint candies over the melted chocolate before it sets. You can store the peppermint bark in the refrigerator for up to three months. If you like, try a mix of red and food coloring for an extra-festive look.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I made a couple batches of this peppermint bark to give away to my co-workers. These are so delicious, everyone loved them! I like that this recipe uses both bittersweet and white chocolate together. They came out so pretty!
Laura Griffin says:
I made this delicious peppermint chocolate bark! It reminded me of a chocolate peppermint patty, but better. I have a serious sweet tooth, and this recipe is my weakness. So good!
Greg Jones says:
This was my second time making these, at my wife's request. If you like chocolate peppermint treats, you will be an instant fan of these.