- 1 cup cranberries, divided
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 orange, juiced
- ½ cup vodka
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 apple, cut into cubes
- 1 orange or tangerine, divided into segments and halved
- ½ bottle of chilled sparkling wine
- Stir ½ cup cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook at a simmer until sugar has completely dissolved, the cranberries have softened, and liquid is syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove cranberries from the pan with a slotted spoon; discard.
- Pour syrup into a pitcher; add vodka and stir. Squeeze limes into the pitcher and drop the fruit into the mixture; add apple and orange. Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Scoop some of the fruit into the bottom of four glasses.
- Pour sparkling wine over the syrup and stir; pour into glasses.
To cut down on prep time, prepare the cranberry syrup in advance. It can be stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For more holiday recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I'm obsessed with this Christmas sangria! The cranberries, orange, and tangerine are amazing together. This is perfect for entertaining, and a nice switch from the traditional mulled wines and ciders I usually make this time of year.
Laura Griffin says:
I love this winter sangria! It's sweet and delicious, and perfect for entertaining guests or just to enjoy for yourself. It's always fun to make at the holidays, especially for my wine lovers!
Greg Jones says:
This was a real nice drink, and I don't even particularly like sweet alcoholic beverages. Not too strong, and perfect for the holidays.
Brenda Fisher says:
I didn't do this for any particular holiday but instead I did it for my girls night out and it was amazing. Has the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. I got asked over and over where I found this recipe!!!