Honey-Lime Chicken Kabobs
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1½-pieces
- 8 cremini or white mushrooms, halved
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- Combine soy sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic, and ginger in a bowl.
- Put chicken into a sealable plastic bag. Pour about half the soy sauce mixture into the bag, reserving remainder for basting. Squeeze air from the bag and seal. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Thread chicken chunks, zucchini, bell pepper, and mushrooms onto skewers, as desired.
- Grill or broil, brushing occasionally with the reserved marinade, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Don't forget to soak the bamboo skewers before grilling! This prevents them from burning while over the hot grill.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
Really delicious recipe, great flavor, and easy to make. We live in sunny Florida so you can grill outdoors all year round. This is my new go to recipe whenever we have friends over.
Katie Hason says:
These Asian-inspired honey lime chicken skewers were yummy! The soy sauce and honey together are the perfect combination, and adding a little lime and ginger to the mix gives it zest! These were so delicious, they'd be great for entertaining and impressing guests.