Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic and sauté until lightly browned and aromatic, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Introduce the riced cauliflower next, stirring well to incorporate; cook to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, salt, and oregano with the cauliflower; sauté until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes more.
If you wish to rice your own cauliflower, cut the cauliflower head into florets, toss the pieces into your food processor with the “s” blade attachment, and pulse until broken down to a crumbly, grain-like consistency. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel or paper towel and pressing to remove excess moisture. Add more spice to the dish by using drained pico de gallo or chunky salsa instead of plain diced tomatoes.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
love spanish rice, love cauliflower rice. this is a really great, easy recipe. i served it with grilled chicken and grilled zucchini.
Greg Jones says:
My wife is all about cauliflower rice, and she loves it when I make this Spanish version. It's so simple, I love that the ingredients are all common pantry items. This is perfect when you want something simple and delicious.
Katie Hason says:
Just when I thought I was over cauliflower rice! This recipe was so yummy! The onion, garlic, and tomato makes this "rice" taste very authentic and flavorful. Next time I have to try it with pico.