Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- crushed tortilla chips, shredded Cheddar cheese, and chopped fresh cilantro for topping
For best results, we recommend using:
- Arrange chicken in pressure cooker; add chicken stock, tomatoes, chilies, tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place, select High Pressure, and cook for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to slow release for 10 minutes and then release pressure using Quick Release valve.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté; add black beans and corn.
- Shred chicken using 2 forks and return to pressure cooker; stir.
- Simmer soup until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and cilantro.
This soup is perfect vehicle for toppings; sour cream, a squeeze of lime, chopped tomatoes, and green onions are all great additions. Feel free to add what you like.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
Definitely my favorite chicken tortilla soup. I add extra cheese, avocado, and tortilla chips on mine. The stock is so flavorful, with all the seasonings and chilies. Perfect for cold weather days!
Katie Hason says:
I made this chicken tortilla soup and it was so warming and delicious. It reminded me a lot of restaurant-style tortilla soup. The chili powder, cumin, and oregano gave this dish delicious, authentic flavors. Seriously, making shredded chicken in the pressure cooker is so simple, and this soup is just one of the amazing creations that can be prepared in around 30 minutes!