Christmas Wreath Salad
- Christmas Wreath Salad
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, cut into supremes
- 1 green pear, thinly sliced
- 1 Haas avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Pomegranate-Poppy Dressing:
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise or yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Arrange lettuce onto a large, circular platter into a wreath shape.
- Arrange grapefruit supremes, pear slices, and avocado slices in groupings onto the lettuce in a decorative pattern.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, feta, and almonds over the wreath.
- Blend oil, pomegranate juice, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, salt, and mustard in a blender until smooth; pour into a small serving bowl. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds and place in the center of the wreath.
To "supreme" your grapefruit, slice the ends off the fruit. Set the fruit flat onto a cutting board. Slice the peel and pith off the fruit, revealing the pulp all around the edge. Holding the fruit over a bowl to catch juice and fruit, carefully slice lengthwise along both edges of each segment to the center to remove the fruit from the membrane.
What others are saying
Erica Schaefer says:
Such an easy salad that comes out beautifully! I actually used my chip and dip platter to display it like a wreath, with the dressing placed in the dip bowl in the middle. I used low fat yogurt in the dressing, my favorite!
Evan Izatt says:
This was delicious and easy to make. Used two kinds of grapefruit and a blood orange to make it unique! Loved the holiday salad!
Greg Jones says:
Eating healthy during the holidays doesn't have to be hard. This salad was simple and delicious. I added a side of chicken as well, making it a complete meal. The dressing was really good too.
Laura Griffin says:
I made this salad for my office holiday party and everyone loved it. I even set the bowl in the center of the wreath like it's displayed in the video. Very easy to put together and really good dressing too.
Jessica Scott says:
This Xmas wreath salad was so easy and fun to make! I used yogurt for the pomegranate dressing and it was so delicious. The grapefruit, pears, and avocado seem like an unlikely match, but everything tasted incredible together.