Meal Prep: Barbecue Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce, divided
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 small avocados, sliced
- Toppings: cilantro, cheese, lime, sour cream as desired
- Combine shredded chicken with 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce in a bowl and mix until well coated.
- Arrange burrito bowls by adding 1 cup cooked rice into the bottom of each bowl or sealable lunch container. Divide chicken, beans, corn, and avocado equally among all four vessels. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over each portion.
- Add toppings as desired.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
Really good meal prep recipe that's healthy and nutritious. I skip the rice and use greens or quinoa instead. The sauce was also delicious.
Jessica Scott says:
This bbq chicken bowl was so delicious! My husband was hesitant to try the Mexican-themed ingredients paired with barbecue sauce, but we both were super impressed with the way it turned out. It was so easy to throw together, and is perfect for meal prepping. Lots of really good flavor!